Last Updated on by GuestAdmin
You want the trailer hitch you purchase to be an extension of these capabilities. Therefore, we found some of the best trailer hitch for Jeep Wrangler money can buy in 2021.As the proud owner of a Jeep Wrangler you want the only best equipment available. A Jeep Wrangler is a combination of All-American style and extreme off-road capabilities.
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH
- VERSATILE DESIGN.
- FULLY TESTED.
- 2 inch square receiver tube opening and solid all-welded Construction for maximum strength and durability
- The A-Coat base with Black powder coat finish is resistant to adverse weather conditions and corrosion, ensures an attractive appearance for years to come
- Rated at 675/4, 500 lbs. (Tw/GTW) weight carrying (WC) and 675/4, 500 lbs. (Tw/GTW) weight distributing (WD), always consult your vehicle’s Owner’s manual for actual weight capacities
- READY TO TOW
- EASY TO INSTALL
What is the Scope of a Trailer Hitch
- 1 What is the Scope of a Trailer Hitch
- 2 The Best Trailer Hitch for Jeep Wrangler
- 3 1.Mopar Jeep Wrangler Trailer Hitch
- 4 2. CURT 13408 Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2-Inch Receiver, Square Tube Frame
- 5 3. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Class III, 2 in. Receiver
- 6 4. Rugged Ridge 11580.51, Black Receiver Hitch Kit with Wiring Harness for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Model
- 7 5. TYGER Towing Combo: 2 inch Receiver Hitch & Wiring Harness & Hitch
- 8 6. CURT 45036 Trailer Hitch Mount with 2-Inch Ball & Pin, Fits 2-in Receiver, 7,500 lbs, 2″ Drop
- 9 7. B&W Trailer Hitches Tow & Stow – Fits 2″ Receiver, Tri-Ball (1-7/8″ x 2″ x 2-5/16″), 5″ Drop, 10,000 GTW – TS10048B
- 11 Thing to Consider Before Buying
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 13 What size hitch does a Jeep Wrangler have?
- 14 Why do the hitches look the same?
- 15 What is the difference between a tow package and a hitch kit for my Jeep Wrangler?
- 16 What is a Jeep Wrangler trailer hitch rated for?
- 17 What size trailer hitch should I get for my Jeep Wrangler?
- 18 Wrapping it Up
You must know what the scope of a trailer hitch is in order to buy one to fit and meet all your towing needs. You want to ensure the towing hitch you have can handle a load of 6,000 pounds or more.
Another thing to look for is the diameter size of the towing ball hitch. A common choice is a ball at least two-inches. This is the most able option for the majority of towing jobs.
The first thing to look at is the diameter of the ball hitch. A popular size is n that is two-inches in diameter, as it is useful for the majority of towing jobs. However, a number of trailers are specialized and in order to correctly be mounted, needs a hitch of another size. Still, other hitches have a number of built-in sizes, and others permit the ball to be interchangeable. Verifying the gross towing weight (GTW) or maximum capacity of the tow hitch is another imperative factor to consider.
Remember, a hitch’s GTW might be more than what it is factory rated to do, but don’t force it to go beyond its limits. The last important thing to remember is the hitch’s drop measurement. This lets you know just where the ball wits when underneath the receiver of the vehicle. A Jeep that has a ride height that is higher needs a drop order that has more drop. This ensures the hitch and trailer sit at an equal plane to each other.
The Best Trailer Hitch for Jeep Wrangler
The Mopar Jeep Wrangler Trailer Hitch is made for passenger cars and trailers. It fits most Jeeps models made during the years 2007-2017.
A Class 1 Trailer Hitch
This hitch weighs 20 pounds and its dimensions are 13 x 8 x 5 inches. The Mopar Jeep trailer hitch is made to fit most passenger cars for towing trailers.
Trailer hitch weighs in at 20 pounds and is made extremely durable and tough. Simple to install in only a few minutes.
- Can be installed in less than 30 minutes
- Attractively compliments your vehicle
- One-piece welded system for extra durability
- Vehicle’s towing capacity matches hitch receiver
- Multi-piece design
- Not easy for an inexperienced person to install
Also Read : 3 Point Quick Hitch Reviews
This class 3 trailer hitch made by Curt is compatible with a select variety of Jeep Wrangler vehicles. It is made from a powder coated, carbon steel for pick-ups, all-terrain, marine, passenger, snowmobiles, sport-utility vehicles.
Design is Versatile
Hitch receiver is the standard 2 x 2 inches, this is class 3 equipment offering several options for towing.
CURT has tested this hitch in real road conditions. This hitch has been tested to meet the standards for SAE J684 to ensure a safe towing experience.
- Ultra-violet, rust, and chip resistant, dual-coated finish
- Factory-fit is customized for Jeep Wrangler T select years
- Rated to handle 4,000 pounds GTW
- Handles up to 400 pounds of tongue weight
- May be used for a number of towing projects
- No hardware or instructions came with product
This is a trailer hitch made by Draw-Tite. It is a 2 inch, class 3 receiver made for use with certain Jeep Wranglers or the Wrangler JK.
Maximum Durability and Strength
Receiver has a 2-inch square opening. It is a complete welded construction to ensure durability and ultimate strength.
Resistant Finish Coating
The base has an A-Coat, Black powder coating finish. Making it unyielding to corrosion and detrimental conditions of the weather. This finish also ensures an attractive appearance for several years.
- Compatible to many trucks, vans, and SUVs
- Includes hardware and installation
- Stylish/adding accent to vehicle’s appearance
- Black powder finish ensures this appearance lasts
- Up to 8,000 lbs. GTW & 12,000 lbs. WC
- Won’t fit a 2018 JLU w/ plastic bumper
4. Rugged Ridge 11580.51, Black Receiver Hitch Kit with Wiring Harness for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Model
This is a hitch kit that fits Jeep Wrangler JK Model years 2007 thru 2018. It is a black receiver hitch kit that also has a wiring harness.
Receiver is 2 inches
This hitch has a towing capacity of 3,000 pounds, and a tongue weight of 350 pounds. With this Rugged Ridge hitch kit all your gear can travel with you wherever your adventure takes you. Instructions and hardware all included.
The one-piece system has a welded system to provide extra strength. This receiver hitch matches the capacity for towing a JK as well as it operates well with all other equipment.
- Has a 5-year warranty
- Off-road accessories available–synthetic rope, steel cable, & steel winches
- Accommodates passenger cars and trailers
- Custom designed bolts/factory mounts
- Welded assembly is one-piece
- Some cotter pin holes might be mis-aligned
The TYGER Towing Combo is another 2 inch Receiver Hitch and wiring harness. The cover for this hitch is compatible for Wrangler JK 2 and 4 door, 2007 thru 2018 year models. (The 2018 JL Models are excluded)
The receiver has a 3500 pound gross trailer weight rating; and the tongue weight rating is for 350 pounds.
Black powder coating
Receiver is made with a black powder coating to ensure it is resistant to corrosion and longer lasting.
- Compatible to 2007 thru 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK bumpers
- Averts pests, mud, and dirt with a protective cover
- Wire harness is plug & play
- Easy, do-it-yourself installation
- Wiring harness, hardware, hitch cover included
- Mounting piece may be too wide–needing washers to fill the gap
This trailer hitch made by CURT has a 2-inch ball and pin and is a compatible fit to most 2-inch receivers, with a 7,500 pounds, 2-inch drop.
Strength is Reliable
Hitch has a tow rating for 7,000 pounds GTW and a tongue weight of 750 pounds. This is a reliable ball hitch setup for all your towing requirements. (Although, the capacity for weight might alter if the ball is taken off)
The ball mount comes inclusive with a 2 x 2 inch shank. It fits almost any standard industry 2-inch size receiver. CURT trailer ball is factory-torqued, and obtains couplers sized at 2 inches.
Now your trailer can be ready-to-tow to use when this trailer ball hitch is mounted to it. A pre-attached tow ball also comes with it so it is prepared for coupling. Also, has a securely mounted hitch pin able to acquire a 2-inch sized coupler.
- Resists corrosion and lasts long
- Polished chrome plating on trailer ball
- Easy for do-it-yourselfers to install
- Makes hitching up trailer easier
- Ball mount might be a little loose-fitting
7. B&W Trailer Hitches Tow & Stow – Fits 2″ Receiver, Tri-Ball (1-7/8″ x 2″ x 2-5/16″), 5″ Drop, 10,000 GTW – TS10048B
This is a Tow & Stow trailer hitch made by B&W. It is a compatible fit for 2 inch receivers. This hits is a tri-ball sized for 1-⅞ inches x 2 inches x 2-5/16 inches). It has a 5 inch drop and 10,000 Gross Towing Weight– TS10048B.
Multiple ball sizes
The B&W trailer hitch has sizes that are multiple which gets rid of the requirement for several ball mounts.
Hitch by B&W has a black powder coating for protection against corrosive elements. Also, has an e-coat which provides additional protection on the inner and outside of the hitch.
- Towing height and levels are adjustable
- Can be hidden under vehicle when not using
- Made in America
- Has a Limited Lifetime Warranty
- No need to have several ball mounts
- The hitch may get in the way of an open tailgate
Thing to Consider Before Buying
When you are shopping for a Jeep Wrangler trailer hitch, there are several factors to take into consideration. This section was written to help you know just what those special considerations are. Such as the first most important factor–the towing capacity.
When seeking the ideal jeep trailer hitch, you need to know how much weight that hitch is capable of carrying. Towing capacity is recognized by what we like to call “class”. For instance, Jeeps that are smaller in size are identified as Class 1. This means they can handle 2K pounds GTW (Gross Towing Weight). If your vehicle is a Class 5, that means it is able to control pounds up to 18,000 pounds. A hitch that is Class 5 is made for use with the larger SUVs or full-size trucks.
Extra note: to measure the hitch tube of your receiver it’s best to assess the tube’s inside to the receiver’s inside. By doing this, you will learn the ball mount size needed for your specific hitch. Most cars and CUVs require a 2 to 2-½ inch receiver, typically found on the majority of pickup trucks and SUVs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What size hitch does a Jeep Wrangler have?
When looking for the ideal ball hitch for your trailer, there are three to consider. Those sizes are 1-⅞ inches, 2 inches, and the 2- 5/16 inches in diameter. This size must equal the coupler of the trailer you intend to tow with a ball of definite size. The required ball size for the coupler of a trailer is normally stamped on the hitch.
Why do the hitches look the same?
Although hitches might all look the same, they are not rated the same for their capacity. In addition, a hitch should never be in excess of the GTW a vehicle can handle.
What is the difference between a tow package and a hitch kit for my Jeep Wrangler?
The primary difference is the tow package allows the towing of almost anything with your vehicle. When you buy a hitch kit, it has been specifically created for your vehicle to tow a trailer behind it. There are upgrades to each package which can be an advancement to cooling and electrical systems or engine enhancements.
What is a Jeep Wrangler trailer hitch rated for?
A Jeep Wrangler trailer hitch is rated according to its size and GTW capacity. For instance a smaller vehicle with a GTW capacity of up to 2,000 pounds is considered a class 1 rating. The ratings go up as the vehicle size and the GTW capacity increases. Such as most larger trucks and SUVs are a class 4 rating because they have a GTW capacity up to 10,000 pounds.
What size trailer hitch should I get for my Jeep Wrangler?
A Jeep Wrangler would normally require a receiver hitch that is a class 3. The majority of Jeeps are off road 4×4 vehicles and the scope of towing capabilities are suited for class 3. This type of hitch has a weight rating that is versatile for the average 2 inch x 2 inch receiver.
Wrapping it Up
We hope this guide will help you when shopping for the best trailer hitch for Jeep Wranglers and other vehicles. As discussed, the majority of receiver hitches are do-it-yourself installations and can be done in less than half an hour. These hitches are factory-styled and have a 2-inch receiver that is acceptable to almost all rack or towing options.
Now you are set to go shopping for the best trailer hitch for a Jeep Wrangler, SUV, or pick-up truck. This guide will give you all the information needed to make the right purchase.